Unit 2 Ferry Wharf
Hove Enterprise Centre
Basin Road North
Portslade, East Sussex
12th April 2018
We all love social media.
Although perhaps not when we hear about yet another data breach or Facebook scandal…
When it comes to recruitment, most of the recruiters will check your social media at some point:
So it’s high time you performed your personal social media audit!
- Linkedin check which companies you’re following and which groups you belong to.
- Facebook – go to the “Timeline and Tagging” page and click “Review what other people see”.
- Instagram – check what content you’re displaying and, most importantly, the pictures you were tagged in!
- Email account – make sure that your profile picture is professional and the signature is up-to-date.
- Twitter – does it reveal more information than you’d like to give away?
- Other accounts – Myspace, Tumblr, Google+? Search your old usernames and see what’s out there.
- Skype, WhatsApp, Google Hangouts – pictures and statuses.
- Google your name and see what comes up!
When assessing your social media presence, imagine a Hiring Manager checking out your profile.
The golden rule: if you’re not sure how the content of your post could be received – stay safe and don’t post it!
Sound career advice. Under 200 words.
Ed Moore is a Principal Consultant in the Tax division at Harvey John.
If you would like to see our company updates and industry insights, follow our LinkedIn page here.
Ed knows and appreciates the complexity of direct tax and works closely with clients and candidates alike to ensure all requirements are met.
Speak to Ed for positions & candidates that specialise in:
- Corporate Tax (domestic & international)
- Transactions & M&A
- Private Client Tax
- Employment Tax
- Withholding Tax
- Tax Investigations
- R&D Tax