Unit 2 Ferry Wharf
Hove Enterprise Centre
Basin Road North
Portslade, East Sussex
Finance Manager – first move from practice
Are you a newly/recently qualified accountant with a practice background? Are you looking for your first role in industry? If so, this is a fantastic opportunity.
We are looking for a Finance Manager to join our client, who are the fastest growing accountancy firm in Sussex.
This is a perfect opportunity for a newly qualified accountant seeking their first post qualification role in industry.
Reporting to the Head of Finance, the role will involve managing the finance team on a day to day basis, overseeing all monthly reconciliations and ensuring that all month end reporting is delivered on time. You will ensure that all processes and procedures work effectively and will be involved in various ad hoc projects.
- ACA/ACCA qualified or equivalent
- Strong IT skills, familiar with a range of accountancy software and competent and confident in the use of Excel
- Have excellent numeracy and literacy skills with an ability to analyse and interpret financial data
- Be comfortable with change and system improvements, including taking the lead to drive change
- Have excellent attention to detail and be analytically minded
- Have the ability to prioritise and deliver to tight deadlines
- Be able to communicate effectively with colleagues and external bodies
This is a full time role and is based in Central Brighton. There is some flexibility over start and finish times and once you have settled into the role you can work from home a couple of days a week if you wish
The firm is offering a competitive basic salary and benefits package, ongoing training to support your professional development and a wide range of future career prospects.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply now, or contact Claire Jones at Harvey John for more details.
Harvey John recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.