Unit 2 Ferry Wharf
Hove Enterprise Centre
Basin Road North
Portslade, East Sussex
This is a superb opportunity for a part or fully qualified accountant to work alongside a dynamic, supportive and fully qualified Finance Director!
The ideal candidate for this role will have good drive, energy, dynamism and be looking to make their mark- you could be looking to make a first move from practice or, equally, be working as a Management Accountant and now looking to make the step up into a Finance Manager post.
You will have excellent leadership skills and be comfortable rolling out systems improvements (as and when necessary).
Key duties from the on-start, will include…
- Assisting the Finance Director in managing a wider finance team of 7, including any appraisals/ training of new recruits
- Taking ownership of all aspects of management accounting
- Budget setting and Forecasting
- VAT returns
- Analysing existing processes/systems and rolling out improvements
The ideal candidate for this role, will…
- Be ACCA, ACA or CIMA qualified- though those that are coming towards the end of a qualification (and actively studying) will also be considered for the post
- Have some experience of managing and/ or leading a small finance team but, most importantly, have a passion for leading staff
- Have an eye for improving processes and systems
- Be very comfortable with all aspects of management accounting
- Ideally be available to start a new role within 1-2 months
In return, the successful candidate will receive…
- Free parking nearby
- 25 days holiday in addition to Bank Holidays
- Home-working for 2 days per week (once settled in the role)
- Annual (and often very generous!) salary reviews
If this is of interest to you, then please apply immediately as my client is looking to shortlist and organise initial Teams discussions right away!
Harvey John recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.