Unit 2 Ferry Wharf
Hove Enterprise Centre
Basin Road North
Portslade, East Sussex
This is a superb opportunity for a bright, talented and keen finance professional, to join ambitious and growing organisation based in Crawley.
The company have experienced unprecedented growth of late and have just moved into new premises as a result of this.
They are looking to recruit their first member of finance, in a role which will evolve with the business and potentially become a Finance Manager or Financial Controller role in time.
This really is a unique and exciting opportunity where you will be able to get involved with all aspects of finance and influence decision-making within the business.
Key duties will include:
- Bank Reconciliations
- Managing Purchase Ledger and Billing
- VAT Returns
- Journal entries
- Developing quarterly management accounts, Budgets and Forecasts
- Liaising with other departments regarding finance
You do NOT have to be a qualified accountant, nor particularly experienced to apply for this role, however, what you do need is…
- A good basic understanding of accounts and Bookkeeping principles
- To be studying already towards a formal qualification- ideally, you will be at the latter stages of an AAT or have just started an ACCA, ACA, CIMA qualification
- A general eagerness and drive to develop and learn new things (finance related)
- At least 1-2 years’ experience within a similar/ varied finance role (ie. not just Accounts Payable or Credit Control). My client is open to practice or industry applicants
- An inquisitive mindset, with an eye for improving systems/ processes
In return, the successful candidate will receive excellent benefits, which include…
- 25 days’ holiday (in addition to Bank Holiday)
- A 35 hour working week (9-5)
- Free parking on-site
- Annual bonus
- Hybrid-Working (one up and running, you can work 3 days per week from home)
If this role is of interest to you, then please do apply immediately for this position, as my client is looking to run interviews within the next 1-2 weeks!
Harvey John recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.