Unit 2 Ferry Wharf
Hove Enterprise Centre
Basin Road North
Portslade, East Sussex
Assistant Accountant | two days home-working
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing, ambitious and superb employer based in Central London.
You will be working in lively, vibrant and very modern offices where you will be joining a small (but talented) finance team of 3 others.
First and foremost your role will include “owning” the Accounts Payable process, end-to-end, including:
- Supplier Recs statements
- Preparing and processing supplier invoices
- Payment runs
But you will also get involved in…
- Accounts Receivable
- Bank Reconciliations
- Assisting with Accruals and Prepayments
- Fixed-Asset maintenance
For this reason, the role could suit a fully fledged Assistant Accountant/ Finance Assistant, with experience in all of the above activities OR, equally, perhaps an Accounts Payable Specialist, actively studying towards an accounting qualification and now seeking a more varied role.
The ideal applicant for this position will…
- Understand (and have experience of) the “end to end” Accounts Payable process
- Have a good understanding of the fundamentals of general accounting/ bookkeeping
- Be sharp, switched on and keen to learn new skills within a dynamic finance environment
- Have sharp Excel skills (previous experience of both X and VLOOKUPS not essential but would be a huge bonus)
- Be studying towards an AAT, ACCA, CIMA, ACA qualification (highly desirable)
In return, the successful candidate will receive…
- A competitive starting salary
- A 20% discretionary (annual) bonus
- Private medical
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holiday
- Study support towards an accounting qualification of your choice (very competitive offering)
- The option of up to 2 days home-working per week
If you feel you’d be the perfect candidate for this role, then please apply right away!
Harvey John recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.