So, you’ve had your meeting and handed in your letter of resignation and now it’s only a matter of weeks until you’ll be leaving the company and your team.
Follow our ultimate checklist to leave on a good note!
- Your obligations. Make sure every single responsibility of yours is assigned to someone else and that you have left instructions on how to do it.
- Think of any data that only you have access to - discuss with your manager who takes it over, who should the information be passed over to.
- Invite crucial connections on Linkedin. It may be worth asking some of them for recommendations. Feel free to return the favour and write supportive recommendations for your direct subordinates or peers.
On your last day...
- If it’s in line with the corporate culture, invite people for a leaving drink or bring in some treats.
- Send a positive and friendly farewell email, it will leave a lasting impression. Consider leaving your contact details (a personal email address, LinkedIn profile or a phone number if you’re working for a smaller organisation).
- Make sure you clear your desk and delete all your personal data/ history from company devices!
Sound career advice. Always under 200 words.
If you would like to see our company updates and industry insights, follow our LinkedIn page here.