Entrevista in Fremdsprache? Oui, waroom niet?
How do you prepare for an interview that’s not in your native language?
In this interconnected world, experiencing a job interview in a language other than your mother tongue is fairly likely, especially if you are considering moving to another country.
We’re sure you’ll be pretty fluent in the language but still recommend taking some extra measures so you score high!
- Train your brain to start thinking in this language by changing your inner dialogue.
- Imagine the “typical” questions you’d hear during an interview. Now try answering them in the language, especially out loud.
- Map keywords specific to your niche. Make sure you’re able to discuss the core responsibilities of the role and issues related to this industry.
- Jot down any words/phrase/technical terms you think may slip your mind. Take this cheat sheet with you, worst case scenario - you’ll take a quick look during the meeting. Much better than forgetting the word and getting stuck in an awkward, embarrassing silence!
- Ask a friend to conduct a mock interview with you in the foreign language. Practice all the questions you struggled to answer.
- Ask a native speaker how to pronounce the company and interviewer's names correctly. This will leave a great impression!
Sound career advice. Always under 200 words.
If you would like to see our company updates and industry insights, follow our LinkedIn page here.