Entrevista in Fremdsprache? Oui, waroom niet?
How do you prepare for an interview that’s not in your native language?
In this interconnected world, experiencing a job interview in a language other than your mother tongue is fairly likely.
We’re sure you’ll be pretty fluent in the language but still recommend taking some extra measures so you score high!
- Train your brain to start thinking in this language by changing your inner dialogue.
- Imagine the “typical” questions you’d hear during an interview. Now try answering them in the language, especially out loud.
- Map keywords specific to your niche. Make sure you’re able to discuss the core responsibilities of the role and issues related to this industry.
- Jot down any words/phrase/technical terms you think may slip your mind. Take this cheat sheet with you, worst case scenario - you’ll take a quick look during the meeting. Much better than forgetting the word and getting stuck in an awkward, embarrassing silence!
- Ask a friend to conduct a mock interview with you in the foreign language. Practice all the questions you struggled to answer.
- Ask a native speaker how to pronounce the company and interviewer's names correctly. This will leave a great impression!
Sound career advice. Always under 200 words.
If you would like to see our company updates and industry insights, follow our LinkedIn page here.