Unit 2 Ferry Wharf
Hove Enterprise Centre
Basin Road North
Portslade, East Sussex
£55000 - £65000 per annum
Get in touch with...
07759 122 742
A newly established role, as Treasury Accountant you will provide support to the Treasury team by performing all accounting, reporting, analysis and related internal control activities for treasury transactions and balances within head office operations. The role will also have oversight of financial reporting for treasury for all operating companies worldwide. This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified accountant with some experience in treasury accounting.
- Perform all accounting for Group Treasury, and prepare monthly management accounts and analyses, including monthly forecasts and annual budgets
- Review monthly reporting from operating companies to ensure correct accounting treatment, classification and disclosure of treasury transactions and balances
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly Treasury reporting pack to senior management
- Perform key treasury accounting controls (bank reconciliations, intercompany, financial instrument valuations, hedge accounting documentation and ongoing hedge effectiveness reviews, segregation of duties etc.)
- Be the subject matter expert for accounting of treasury transactions under IFRS, including preparation of technical accounting papers as needed
- Provide advice to operating companies on the accounting treatment for treasury transactions in particular FX, interest, cash, debt & derivatives
- Develop and document the group internal control framework for treasury accounting and maintain this going forward
- Responsibility for the maintenance and ongoing improvements of the accounting module of the Treasury Management System
- Qualified accountant with some exposure to treasury accounting
- Experience in a related accounting role or in an international auditing role with corporate treasury exposure
- Previous exposure to treasury transactions accounting under IFRS and UK GAAP
- Good understanding of internal financial controls and managing risk in treasury accounting
- Knowledge of financial and treasury systems
- Experience of working in a complex, decentralised international environment
Harvey John recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.