Unit 2 Ferry Wharf
Hove Enterprise Centre
Basin Road North
Portslade, East Sussex
Senior Risk Associate
Senior Risk Associate
Salary negotiable + 20% annual bonus + excellent wider benefits
We’re looking to speak to experienced risk professionals with circa 2-4 years’ experience about an exciting new growth role with a highly successful financial services client. The business is currently going through a period of reinvestment and acquisitions so it’s an excellent time to join them and become an integral part of this pivotal team. Their expansion is presenting continued opportunities for career progression and development for existing staff and creating a dynamic, fast paced environment.
This person will join an 8 person risk & compliance team and report to a highly competent Risk Manager and Senior Risk Manager. Having worked with this business for over 10 years, we’ve heard nothing but praise for business which is backed-up by their numerous awards in employee engagement and HR policies.
All staff are given up to 20% salary annual bonus, generous employer pension, private medical, gym, 10x salary life insurance, hybrid / flexible working, discretionary additional bonuses, and more!
- Ensuring risk appetites and tolerances are in place and appropriately monitored
- Ensuring appropriate risk and control registers are maintained
- Monitoring and responding to the reporting of risk events
- Ensuring there are appropriate Risk Management policies and procedures in place
- Support the quarterly risk and control attestation process
- Ensuring newly acquired portfolios are appropriately integrated and reflected in the framework
- Help provide MI for oversight bodies, including the Executive Committee, the UK Risk Committee and the UK Boards
- Maintenance of the Emerging Risk Framework, including contributing to deep dive reviews
- Support the Risk Manager in the production of annual and ad hoc ORSAs as required
- Support the Risk Manager in the completion of due diligence and the production of the Risk Reports for acquisitions ORSAs
- Assist with drafting of annual and ad hoc ORSAs
- Aid in the completion of due diligence and the production of Risk Reports on potential acquisitions
- Support the Senior Risk Manager in their role as primary validator of the Internal Model
- Supporting the testing process via the review of test plans / sheets ahead of the review meetings
- Undertake qualitative testing and support on the quantitative testing where appropriate
- Support in the drafting of the Validation Report
- Ensuring an appropriate suite of Internal Model documentation is maintained
- Assist with the administration of the Capital and Solvency Committee, including the maintenance of an appropriate timetable and a record of meetings.
- Help ensure an effective Operational Resilience Framework is in place at all times and appropriate testing is undertaken.
- Full annual review of the Framework
- Regular monitoring the Impact Tolerances for Important Business Services
- Developing test scenarios and facilitating their delivery
Please apply via website or contact Georgina at Harvey John for more information.
Harvey John recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.