Unit 2 Ferry Wharf
Hove Enterprise Centre
Basin Road North
Portslade, East Sussex
Senior Reporting Accountant
Senior Reporting Accountant
Salary negotiable + 20% annual bonus + private health care + 9-16% employer pension
Our client is a highly prominent organisation in the insurance sector. They’re currently seeking a Reporting Accountant to join their expanding reporting team in a pivotal role which reports directly to the Head of Finance.
This new role follows a period of sustained growth, multiple acquisitions, and industry recognition which has healthily continued for the past 2-3 years. This is a highly ambitious business with exciting plans for the immediate future and maintained focus on employee engagement and retention. They pride themselves on their first-rate industry reputation, best practice approach across all areas, and repeated awards in employee satisfaction (‘Best Workplace’ & ‘Great Place to Work’). They reward all staff with an a benefits package including genuine opportunities for career development and employer support, attractive private pension scheme, hybrid working, staff social events and team focused ethos, good holiday allowance, health insurance and life cover, 20% annual performance bonus, and more!
Overview of the role:
- Preparation of Solvency II Pillar III quarterly and annual quantitative reporting templates for all UK regulated entities and the regulated group
- Preparation of quarterly and ad hoc Standard Formula calculations for the UK regulated entity, the regulated group and potential acquisition opportunities
- Contribute to the development of, and ongoing improvements in, all Solvency II reporting including improvements in control environment
- Maintenance and updating of Solvency II Data Repository to support all reporting requirements
- Preparation of qualitative narrative reporting as required under Solvency II
- Liaise with auditors to achieve effective sign-off of Solvency II submissions (where applicable)
- Maintain appropriate regulatory reporting and capital reporting process manuals and procedure notes
- Contribute to completion of ORSAs for all regulated entities, the regulated group and potential acquisition opportunities
- Preparation of other external and internal regulatory and capital reporting deliverables, including board papers and management information as required
- Proactively review regulatory requirements, keeping up to date with developments in requirements issued by EIOPA, the PRA and Lloyd’s
- Provide assistance and support for any statutory UK GAAP Reporting activities as requested or required
- Ideally with knowledge of Solvency II reporting regulations
- Operation of general ledger systems
- Regulatory regime and capital reporting rules
- Project management and risk management techniques
- Good analytical background
Please apply via website or contact Georgina at Harvey John Ltd for more information.
Harvey John recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.