Unit 2 Ferry Wharf
Hove Enterprise Centre
Basin Road North
Portslade, East Sussex
Senior Finance Assistant
Senior Finance Assistant
Brighton, East Sussex
£27,000-32,000pa (with flexibility) & £500 bonus
An expanding and highly entrepreneurial Brighton based travel business is currently seeking an experienced Finance Assistant to join their finance function. This person will join a close-knit team of 3 in finance, reporting directly to the Finance Manager in a diverse and engaging role.
This organisation is experiencing excellent year on year growth and re-investing heavily in the business. Their continued success has enabled them to diversify into new areas over the last 12 months and they have many exciting business development plans ahead.
This role would suit a diligent, career focused individual with an excellent work ethic and broad existing accounts administration experience including sales ledger, purchase ledger, bank recs etc.
Duties to include but not be limited to:
- Approve sales invoices on a weekly basis and liaise with Sales department on invoices in query.
- Ensure all debtor payments are receipted and recorded according to procedures.
- Issue certifications and confirmations of receipts to clients.
- Maintain credit card payments tracker and perform monthly reconciliations.
- Bank reconciliation
- Enter and/or interface purchase invoices to QuickBooks online (liaising across departments to ensure expense receipts are recorded and correct treatment of VAT)
- Assist in overhead and direct costs payment runs.
- Maintain integrity of internal filing systems; ensure all filing is methodical and complies with agreed procedures.
- Set up payments into online banking systems and deal with any queries prior to payment approval.
- Issue remittance advices to payees.
- Compile expense claims of behalf of the Senior Management Team.
- Maintain and reconcile petty cash.
- Provide notification of currency requirement to Finance Senior. Assist with currency purchase and records to include weekly reconciliation of currency held.
- Liaise with Sales Team on any query requirements.
- Assist in monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assistance with month end reporting and management accounts.
- Any ad hoc assistance as required by the Finance Manager including project based work.
Please apply via website or contact Georgina at Harvey John for more information.
Harvey John recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.