Unit 2 Ferry Wharf
Hove Enterprise Centre
Basin Road North
Portslade, East Sussex
Senior Credit Control Manager
Senior Credit Control Manager – Insurance
Salary £80,000-90,000 + 30% annual bonus + private medical + 16% employee pension
My client is a rapidly expanding, highly prominent business in the insurance sector that is presently on the acquisition growth path. They pride themselves on their first rate industry reputation, best practice approach across all areas, and repeated awards in employee satisfaction (‘Great Workplace 2023’).
This attractive permanent opportunity reports directly to Exec Director level with line management of 5 direct reports. It’s arisen due to 2024 retirement of a long term member of staff. This person will benefit from a solid handover period and inherit efficient existing policies and procedures.
The role would suit an experienced credit control professional with a sound insurance sector background. They need have existing managerial experience and be a real ‘people person’ with excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
Having placed numerous people with this business over the past 10 years, we’ve seen repeated examples of quick role development within the business and received excellent feedback from placed candidates. This is a business with excellent staff retention levels and a truly supportive, friendly and collaborative work environment where staff feel valued. They reward all staff with an attractive benefits package including attractive private pension scheme, good holiday allowance, health insurance and life cover, 30% annual performance bonus, and more!
Overview of the role:
- Manage the Credit Control Team and the collection of reinsurance and premium assets
- Implement procedures for settlement/receipt of balances
- Achievement of company and departmental team objectives
- Monitor unpaid reinsurance and premium balances and report timely and accurately
- Monitor settlements and liaise with brokers/reinsurers as appropriate including the holding of
- regular meetings
- Manage and report on cash allocation, and keep to a minimum any unallocated cash
- Report regularly and professionally, progress against company and departmental goals
- Manage the transfer of open debt items & procedures from vendors in respect of acquisitions
- Work with Project Teams & Vendors to ensure the smooth transfer of data & procedures. Continue to work on newly migrated portfolios until they are fully understood & can become business as usual.
- Operate the Assumed Payments Function
- Manage all payment requests in accordance with payment procedures and processes
- Monitoring of all agreed claims and their subsequent payment or reporting reasons for nonpayment
- Operate the Direct Broking Function
- Ensure day to day operations are completed in line with the SLA including Preparation of appropriate materials to present to reinsurers for agreement, stripe is updated for relevant contracts and notifications are circulated to non-Stripe companies
- Ensure correct levels of collateral are provided by all relevant companies
- Ensure all values are collected in a timely manner and payments made to US in accordance with the SLA
- Attend monthly conference calls with US to discuss their collections, issues & queries and creating and distribute schedules beforehand to all parties
- Report any backlogs or issues to line manager
- Provide support and direction to all team members. Monitor staff performance and ability to fulfil allocated roles through the role profile and appraisal process
Please apply via website or contact Georgina at Harvey John Ltd for more information.
Harvey John recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.