Unit 2 Ferry Wharf
Hove Enterprise Centre
Basin Road North
Portslade, East Sussex
Senior Claims Adjuster / Reinsurance Technician l Brighton
Senior Claims Adjuster / Reinsurance Technician in Brighton
£40,000-50,000 + 20% Bonus
Our client is a highly prominent player in the reinsurance sector. They have multiple 2023 awards to their name (including ‘Great Workplace 2023’) and ambitious growth plans taking shape. This forward-thinking organisation pride themselves on their first-rate industry reputation and client service, stringent best practice approach across all areas, and impressive employee satisfaction scores.
Reporting to the Reinsurance Manager, they’re currently seeking a Reinsurance Technician to join their growing team due to company expansion and recent acquisitions. This role is open to those currently working in the reinsurance sector, or to experienced Claims Adjusters from an insurance background who show an interest in progressing to a technical reinsurance role with excellent progression prospects.
The role will be focused on the collection of the Company’s reinsurance assets through accurate calculation and issuance of recoveries, commutations and liquidation management techniques.
Our client reward all staff with an attractive benefits package including genuine opportunities for career progression, attractive company pension of between 10-16%, multiple staff social events and team focused ethos, good holiday allowance, private medical, 10x salary life cover, 20% annual performance bonus, and more!
- Effectively implement procedures for accurately calculating the reinsurance asset and issuance of reinsurance recoveries
- Calculation of reinsurance recoveries as required
- Assess the viability of releasing individual reinsurance recoveries
- Preparation of reinsurance billings and loss advices as required
- Record and answer technical queries raised by reinsurers and/or brokers
- Assist with credit control to ensure timely collection of outstanding balances
- Assist with and handle commutations as required, to ensure realistic values for the commutation of the company’s gross liabilities and ceded assets are achieved
- Complete and report on projects as allocated
- Ensure effective and timely reporting as required
- Achievement of individual and team objectives
- Have an awareness of Treating Customers Fairly (“TCF”) and Conduct Risk strategies
- Have an awareness of Data Protection legislation, including the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulations
Please apply via website or contact Georgina at Harvey John for further information.
Harvey John recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.