Unit 2 Ferry Wharf
Hove Enterprise Centre
Basin Road North
Portslade, East Sussex
Payroll Manager | Crawley
Payroll Manager opportunity in Gatwick / Crawley.
Competitive Salary & Excellent Company Benefits.
A leading professional services business based in central Crawley requires an experienced Payroll Manager / Supervisor to join their team in a newly created role. Reporting directly to the Senior Payroll Manager, this is a pivotal senior role for the department and will include overseeing 5 more junior payroll professionals. My client is keen to meet payroll professionals with sound technical knowledge and existing experience of supervising staff (training / onboarding, mentoring, work review etc).
You will be joining an organisation that has an impressive and consistent history of growth, during which time they’ve become an industry leader in their field and gained an excellent reputation. Their Crawley based finance team is a hub of long-standing team members, a testament to what it’s like to work for this company. My client can offer excellent job stability, a highly friendly and collaborative team environment, attractive company-wide benefits package, and the chance to join an employer who really looks after their staff.
Overview of duties:
- Supervise the Payroll Administrators to ensure their work is up to date, and support with training where required
- Keep the Senior Payroll Manager fully informed of the status of work and of any problems encountered, and to offer suggestions as to how these can be resolved efficiently and effectively
- Support the Senior Payroll Manager in the delivery of an accurate payroll by importing and reconciling uplifts to salaries and various benefits the company offers
- Liaising with our pension team to balance the pension contributions each payroll period
- Checking calculations and input of other team members
- Support the Senior Payroll Manager with the submission of HMRC RTI reporting
- Support the Senior Payroll Manager with payment of Taxes at the end of each payroll period and the payment of Class 1A NIC’s in respect of Benefits in Kind
- Produce and reconcile reports at the end of each payroll period for stakeholders
- Complete P11D reporting and childcare voucher assessments annually
- Creating and sending BACS files
- Importing new starters to the payroll
- Importing salary and cash allowances, and reconciling values with Human Resources reports
- Importing timesheet values to the payroll and reconciling values with Human Resources reports
- Reconciling PAYE and completing payment paperwork
- Processing staff starting and returning from maternity leave
- Updating sickness reports
- Processing leavers
- Calculating adjustments required, including pro-rata calculations
- Completing end of period payroll reporting for review
Please apply via website or contact Georgina at Harvey John for more information.
Harvey John recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.