Unit 2 Ferry Wharf
Hove Enterprise Centre
Basin Road North
Portslade, East Sussex
Market Risk Manager
Do you have commodities experience and the ability to analyse and mitigate market risk on an international scale?
Would you like the opportunity to further your career within a key strategic management role?
Have you answered yes to all these questions? If so, we might just have the role for you.
We are supporting a London-based client with the recruitment of a Market Risk Manager on a permanent basis.
The ideal candidate will have a background in market risk management or product control, as well as experience in commodities and derivatives. Additionally you’ll be comfortable liaising with trading teams and other departments across the business, and advising on market risk.
You will be a key member of the team responsible for managing the execution of key strategic activities that involve some operational tasks and reporting. Your role will be fundamental in ensuring compliance with market risk controls for the group.
Your key areas of responsibility will include:
- Market risk management: identify, analyse and mitigate through the use of financial instruments
- Production of P&L reports, with explanation of P&L movements to management in terms of trading activity, key drivers, profit attribution analysis
- Utilising the concept of mark-to-market, and articulating market/price volatility in terms of its effect on P&L, cash flow and working capital
- Ensuring non-derivative transactions are treated with the right accounting treatment
- Commercial v accounting reconciliations
- Leading system improvements/enhancements in ETRM
- Involved in monthly IPV process
Do you have:
- 3 years + experience working in Commodities Risk Management or Product Control, including knowledge of the European Power & Gas market (essential)?
- Strong reporting experience, ideally with previous P&L analysis in Marine bunkering/inventory?
- Specialized knowledge in the structure and uses of financial derivatives as they relate to the management of fuel price risk?
- Experience in ETRMS?
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to work with a degree of autonomy?
If you’d like to hear more about this role, apply today or contact Guy Middleton.
Harvey John recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.