Unit 2 Ferry Wharf
Hove Enterprise Centre
Basin Road North
Portslade, East Sussex
Salary £30,000pa + study support for IFoA + 20% annual bonus
Leading Brighton based insurance business is looking for a bright, ambitious graduate to join them as a Graduate Trainee Actuary. You will be a numerically skilled individual with a 1:1 or 2:1 degree from a good university, ideally in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or similar.
This business will invest heavily in this individual’s training including rotations around various sub-teams within the actuarial department. In addition, you would benefit from an attractive benefits package including full study support towards the IFoA (including 40 days annual study leave and salary increments per exam passed), good pension scheme, good holiday allowance, health insurance and life cover, and a 20% annual performance bonus. You will report to the Chief Actuary and Senior Manager – Actuary.
This highly respected business prides itself on their prominent global reputation and professional office environment. They also have an excellent attitude towards staff engagement and motivation, offering all employees genuine career progression opportunities. Having placed multiple people with them over the years, we’ve seen every individual flourish and receive quick role development. They’ve also won multiple awards in employee policies (Best Workplace 2022).
This really is a first-rate graduate opportunity and one which will kick-start a promising career in the actuarial field.
Overview of role:
- To provide analysis and support for all actuarial projects.
- To apply suitable actuarial techniques with a view to recommending ranges of reserving levels to the Board.
- To support Head of Actuarial by giving advice on all actuarial affairs in which they are involved.
- To provide support in connection with specific transactions such as acquisitions.
- Conduct risk strategies.
- Provide assistance and support for any Solvency II related reporting.
- To take steps to ensure that the role is undertaken objectively, free from any conflicts or bias.
Please apply via website or contact Georgina at Harvey John for more information.
Harvey John recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.