Unit 2 Ferry Wharf
Hove Enterprise Centre
Basin Road North
Portslade, East Sussex
Financial Controller | On-Site l Brighton
This is a superb Financial Controller opportunity, that would suit an ambitious, forward-thinking qualified accountant based in or around Brighton.
You will be joining a successful, busy and growing organisation, where you will take ownership for all aspects of financial controls and you will be responsible for the operational finance team too.
The role could favour either a (relatively) newly qualified Finance Manager keen to make the step up to an Financial Controller post or a more experienced and established FC looking for a new challenge.
Key duties from the start will include:
- Motivating a small finance team of (which includes transactional accounting and two part qualified accountants)
- Taking a lead on all statutory reporting across multiple entities
- Delivering and discussing monthly management accounts (including the development of reports)
- Getting involved in the “nitty gritty” where needed too
The ideal candidate for this role will be:
- Fully ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified
- Comfortable in leading/ supervising and motivating a small finance team (with demonstrable experience of doing so)
- Confident in preparing (and discussing) management accounts
- Experienced in all round accounting matters (General Ledger, AP/AR, Tax etc.)
In return, the successful candidate will receive:
- A very competitive salary
- An annual (discretionary) performance related bonus
- Private medical
- 25 days holiday, in addition to Bank Holidays
- The opportunity to evolve and learn new skills within a growing and ambitious business
Please note that while in future you may have the opportunity of occasionally working from home (when needed), this is not a hybrid role and we are looking for someone who can commit to being on-site 5 days per week.
If you’re based around Brighton and this Financial Controller position is of interest to you, and you feel you have the requisite skills/experience, then please do apply or contact Callum McKenna right away!
Harvey John recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.