Unit 2 Ferry Wharf
Hove Enterprise Centre
Basin Road North
Portslade, East Sussex
Permanent, Full Time – with hybrid working
€50,000 – 60,000pa
We’re currently working with a rapidly expanding global business that can offer an evolving and dynamic company environment in which staff quickly develop and flourish. This PE backed business is undergoing significant positive changes currently, and very much on the acquisition growth path. This is in turn creating great opportunities within the team, including this newly created vacancy.
This is a great prospect for someone looking to work closely with an experienced, qualified European Financial Controller on driving the business forward to the next phase through business partnering, implementing controls and procedures, and having a key impact within the finance function. They will support the European FC in leading the 6 person team with 1 direct report at present and an expectation to hire a 2nd report next year.
- Develops financial policies, procedures, and templates to ensure operational efficiency.
- Coordinates and manages the accounting services and processes for all companies in the group.
- Conducts periodic financial analysis to identify and resolve issues, gaps or variances.
- Manages day-to-day financial transactions.
- Assigns Cost Centers to all financial transactions.
- Manages the Expense Reports of the employees and the advance payments towards them.
- Prepares monthly expense forecast and manages payments towards subsidiaries.
- Issues Invoices towards Clients and tracks budget progress and reconciliation
- Reconciles payments towards partners and vendors
- Ensures proper maintenance of the general ledgers of all companies in the group
- Tracks investments and maintains relevant cash reserves
- Ensures all expenses are within assigned project budget
- Oversees the preparation of all financial statements
- Ensures account receivables and payables activities are performed accurately and timely
- Ensures that financial transactions are properly updated and recorded
- Manages the preparation of balance sheets, income statements, expense reports at local and consolidated level, etc.
- Creates and maintains a process and templates for capturing expense and revenue accruals on monthly basis.
- Updates financial records with recent transactions and changes
- Performs finance analysis and management reporting.
- Implements controlling check points to identify and resolve invoicing issues, accounting discrepancies and other financial related issues
- Reviews financial paperwork and procedures and makes appropriate changes
- Collects, summarizes and analyses vendor offers
- Represents the company in front of financial institutions, state structures, accounting vendors
- Supervision of Finance Analyst
- Any further financial ad hoc tasks
- Ideally graduate level education or recognised accounting qualification
- Good Excel skills and ideally previous exposure to ERP type systems
- Solid knowledge of accounting procedures
- Ideally some managerial / supervisory experience
- Strong organisational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects
Please apply via website or contact Georgina at Harvey John Ltd for more information.
Harvey John recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.