Unit 2 Ferry Wharf
Hove Enterprise Centre
Basin Road North
Portslade, East Sussex
Hove – hybrid working and flexible hours
Salary up to £26,000/27,000 plus full study support
We’re working with a highly successful and innovative medium sized business on a new opportunity for a Finance Assistant to join their 5-person finance team in a growth-driven additional role. This role would suit an AAT studier or finance graduate who has some existing accounts experience. My client will also consider those with some experience who are looking to commence their AAT.
Our client boasts attractive offices, flexible working, and a commercially focused finance team that are listened to and pro-actively play an integral role in the company’s continued success and reinvestment strategy. This is an ambitious business that is very much ‘on the up’ and looking for career focused individuals who will actively contribute to their journey. Our previous placement has already been promoted within their first year.
- Managing the accounts payable inbox and processing invoices
- Supplier payment runs
- Posting all bank receipts and payments to ledger
- Daily bank reconciliations
- Managing approval and payment of staff expenses
- Balance sheet reconciliations e.g. fixed assets, prepayments and accruals
- Processing month end journals e.g. prepayments, accruals and depreciation
- Assisting with preparation of management accounts
- Other ad hoc tasks within the finance team
- Experience with accounts payable
- Good understanding of double entry bookkeeping
- Ability to learn new processes and systems quickly
- Attention to detail and methodical approach to tasks
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to engage with people across the business
- Experience in Excel/ Microsoft Office
- Ability to use initiative and work autonomously when needed
- AAT studier (negotiable)
Please apply via website or contact Georgina at Harvey John for more information.
Harvey John recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.