Unit 2 Ferry Wharf
Hove Enterprise Centre
Basin Road North
Portslade, East Sussex
Chichester, West Sussex
Salary £24,000 – 28,000 per annum + full study support
My client is an award-winning, dynamic, and highly commercial business based in Chichester which is currently flying performance wise! They’re seeking an ambitious, hands-on Finance Assistant to join them in a newly created role. Several impressive years of growth mean this individual will be joining at a very exciting time and will quickly become an integral part of their dynamic finance team.
This is an excellent opportunity for a committed finance professional who’s looking to quickly develop and progress their accounting skills in a modern, fast-paced environment. You will be rewarded for your hard work and dedication, and have the opportunity to study towards accounting qualifications with full support from your manager. This role has excellent exposure to it with previous job holders moving on to Financial Controller level positions elsewhere after benefitting from fast track technical development.
This individual will report directly into a Finance Manager as part of a team of 3 in finance. They will also have a close relationship with the Finance Director and be both individual’s ‘go-to person’ for assistance with new tasks. Due to the company’s growth and upcoming business plans, it’s likely that this finance team will continue to expand.
What you will do:
- Processing invoices and inputting them to the accounting software
- Purchase and sales ledgers
- Managing supplier payments and setting these up for payment through the bank
- Assisting with the gathering of data for the monthly payroll and management accounts
- Assisting with maintenance of the company cash flow forecast
- Month end assistance
- Ad hoc analysis projects
- Routine assistance and ad hoc accounting duties
The ideal candidate will be:
- Actively studying AAT or similar qualification or an accountancy graduate
- Well organised and have a keen eye for detail
- Have a level of existing accounts experience
- Comfortable using Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word
- Able to prioritise and use initiative
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Have numerical accuracy
- Excellent written and communication skills
Please apply via website or contact Georgina at Harvey John for more information.
Harvey John recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.