Unit 2 Ferry Wharf
Hove Enterprise Centre
Basin Road North
Portslade, East Sussex
Brighton, East Sussex
Permanent & Hybrid
£27,000-28,000pa + free lunches + study support (if desired)
Our client is a very well-known brand and industry leading institution based in Brighton. They’re seeking a dedicated Finance Assistant to join their sociable, supportive finance team in a pivotal role for finance. The role will report to the Purchase Ledger Manager (who is a long-standing contact of Harvey John’s and one of the nicest people you could hope to work with!) and is focused on purchase ledger & aged creditors & expenses management as part of her small team.
The role would suit a professional who is keen to find a collaborative, team-focused environment where staff are really valued and enjoy the work they do. There will be future opportunities for role development and progression if candidates are seeking this. This is coupled with AAT study support after probation. We’ve seen several staff progress up through the department over recent years. Similarly, it can also offer a stable home for those seeking stability and a secure organisation. There are also free lunches and hybrid / flexible working on offer!
Duties to include but are not limited to:
- Processing of credit card and out of pocket expenses
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues, stakeholders, and suppliers.
- Processing invoices and credit notes in line with procedures
- Administration of the PL direct debit payments and debit balances.
- Manage outstanding un-authorised invoices, regularly running reports and chasing authorisations.
- Manage and support payment runs and set up ad hoc payments.
- Managing aged creditors and producing aged creditors reports.
- Reconciling supplier statements, ensuring that we have copies of all outstanding invoices.
- Ensure Purchase Ledger mailbox is up to date and actioned.
- Petty cash.
- Any other reasonable management requests.
Please apply online or contact Georgina at Harvey John Ltd for more information.
Harvey John recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.