Unit 2 Ferry Wharf
Hove Enterprise Centre
Basin Road North
Portslade, East Sussex
£25,000-30,000pa (negotiable) plus study support
We’re working with a highly successful and innovative growing business on a new opportunity for a Finance Assistant to join their 4-person finance team in a progressive role. This role would suit an AAT studier with existing accounts experience who’s looking for their next step.
Perhaps you’re seeking a more varied role with a good breadth of accounting tasks and clear progression? Perhaps you’re looking for a more supportive Financial Controller who will encourage and support your professional development? If so, this is an ideal role for you!
Our client boasts attractive offices, flexible working after training, and a commercially focused finance team that are listened to and pro-actively play an integral role in the company’s continued success and reinvestment strategy. This is an ambitious business that is very much ‘on the up’ and looking for career focused individuals who will actively contribute to their journey.
- Invoice processing – Purchase Ledger and Sales Ledger in cooperation with Operations and Projects, ensure monthly postings are complete before month end
- Invoice queries – Reviewing approvals, ensure codings are correct in ERP, actively communicate internally or externally with suppliers/customers to resolve any queries
- Supplier/Customer Accounts – maintaining ERP records, verifying bank details, and managing records to the Finance network location
- Staff Expenses Processing – Expenses are submitted through the cloud portal, responsibility to monitor, chase and approve them and ensure correct nominal analysis coding. Making and suggesting improvements to reduce coding errors
- Prepare and Review Aged Creditor/Aged Debtor reports – investigate, liaise and correct anomalies, and highlight any remaining issues prior to month end closure
- Prepare Supplier and Staff Expense Payments – fortnightly following strict procedures
- Month End Closure – preparation for month end, assist with prepayments and accruals
- Internal control – ensure that all tasks are carried out as per the Company’s Accounting Manual
- Assist with other and ad hoc tasks: Budget preparation, R&D Tax Claim, Year End Audit, New ERP Implementation
Please apply via website or contact Georgina at Harvey John for more information.
Harvey John recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.