Unit 2 Ferry Wharf
Hove Enterprise Centre
Basin Road North
Portslade, East Sussex
Finance & Administration Assistant
Finance & Administration Assistant – Harvey John
Part-time 20 hours / week
Salary negotiable + Benefits + Quarterly Bonus (after probation)
About Harvey John
As recruitment businesses go, we’re a good bunch to work with. No egos, no mavericks, just a commitment to high quality delivery and standards in everything we do! We’ve been in business for nearly 20 years and our team has a fantastic reputation in the specialisms we work in – providing Accountancy, Tax & Treasury and Legal recruitment services, across the UK and indeed the world!
We are a team of 20 people with our HQ port side in sunny Portslade. We have benefits to shout for our full-time and part-time team along with excellent public transport links and parking.
We are looking for a Finance & Administration Assistant to support our Finance Director on a part time basis with good flexibility on offer and a super friendly team!
If this sounds like it might suit your circumstances. Read on…
Background to the role
As our permanent and temporary recruitment business has grown, there has been an increasing requirement for support on all things finance and administration. Our temps, and the clients they work for, require a compliant and timely payroll service on a weekly basis, so you’ll be a key person in managing this process. In addition you will assist our Finance Director with accounts receivable and accounts payable duties as well as general office tasks to support our busy team.
Key duties will include:
- Sales ledger, purchase ledger & credit control
- Bank reconciliations
- Weekly and monthly payroll and liaising with external payroll bureau
- Assisting with month end tasks
- Office and HR Admin
- Monitoring compliance with company processes
- Liaising with Consultants, Candidates, Clients and Suppliers via email, telephone and in-person
Experience & Skills Required:
- Transactional finance experience
- Methodical, detailed with a focus on accuracy
- High standards of communication skills (written English) & comfortable dealing with external stakeholders
- Excel skills & IT savvy
- Understanding of the importance of process
If you love dealing directly with people, building positive relationships, and have excellent attention to detail, then we’d like to hear from you!
Harvey John recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.