Unit 2 Ferry Wharf
Hove Enterprise Centre
Basin Road North
Portslade, East Sussex
Facilities Associate / Trainee
Get in touch with...
Facilities Associate / Trainee
8am – 4pm Monday to Friday
£28,000-32,000pa + 20% Bonus + Private Medical + 10-16% Private Pension
A prominent, highly reputable insurance business based in Brighton is seeking a facilities professional to join them in the newly created role of role of Facilities Associate.
Reporting directly to the Head of Facilities, this individual will join a small, collaborative team and help manage a 15,5000 sq ft property covering 4 floors. You will be responsible for providing support to ensure facilities services are provided on a consistent, effective basis and minimise any staff risks. From time to time you may be required to travel to other offices under this remit (via public transport or company vehicle). Travel costs will all be reimbursed.
This award-winning employer always maintains a best practice approach across the business. They’ve experienced several strong years of growth and remain in a particularly good position.
This is a business where people stay long-term and benefit from clearly defined professional development and very attractive benefits packages including annual bonuses. A place where hardworking individuals flourish and are highly rewarded.
Overview of role:
- Daily tour of the building including checklist and overall condition of premises, equipment to mitigate any risks to business in terms of soft and hard services. Ensuring standing operating procedures and KPI’s are adhered to
- Replenishment of stock by monitoring, ordering and upkeep of kitchen, fruit, stationery, mail room, printer and first aid supplies
- Provide administrative and service support for Brighton Facilities and regional offices as directed
- Open and distribute mail, scan, copy and share with relevant depts. Book couriers, frank outgoing mail, book couriers
- Assist with onboarding and exiting process for joiners and leavers
- Interact with and maintain positive vendor relationships relating to facility and real estate services
- Provide support for new projects, i.e. moves and changes
- Processes – utilise ZOHO for work requests, assign, coordination of contractors, escorting on premises, assist with permits to work, ppm schedules and action accordingly within KPI’s set
- Offsite preparation and coordination to offsite storage, including inventory
- Security- assist with the preparation of new and deletion of access cards, ensuring we have ample cards, lanyards, card holders to cope with demand
- Sustainability: helping and maintaining our goals and legislative requirements for example: Check lights etc are off when not in use: including showers/monitor screens
- Health and safety: undertake daily checks of the floors and building to ensure walkways and fire escape routes are free from hazards and risks
- Assist with DSE assessments, order equipment aids as directed. For example: wrist rests, keyboard rests, footstools. Data collection and record keeping
- Ensure Fire fighting equipment is intact (check tags, pressure gauges)
- Assist with monitoring and monthly checks of lights, and as directed regarding periodical checks for pre-preventative maintenance
Please apply via website or contact Georgina from Harvey John Ltd for more information.
Harvey John recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.