Unit 2 Ferry Wharf
Hove Enterprise Centre
Basin Road North
Portslade, East Sussex
Chichester, West Sussex
Permanent, Full Time
Salary Negotiable (including bonus scheme)
A flourishing and highly entrepreneurial ecommerce sector client is currently seeking a dynamic and motivated individual to take ownership of and drive the development of their ecommerce marketing strategy. This is a newly created role whereby this person will partner the Directors in driving the business forward through marketing activities and play a pivotal role within the senior management team.
My client is a multi-award winning fast-track business with a very impressive growth record, supported by a very hands-on and commercially minded team of Directors. Turnover is going from strength to strength, as is the size of their operations and reputation. There is a real sense of excitement across the organisation about what the next 3-5 years will bring for the business and appetite for this individual to really make their mark and help them reach their ambitious growth targets. This will be rewarded with a healthy bonus scheme and autonomy.
Overview of Role:
- Take ownership of a newly created function, with a high level of autonomy.
- Work alongside the existing directors to forecast revenue and marketing budget for all websites.
- Devise and implement the growth and marketing strategy for all websites.
- Manage and develop the existing (and future) marketing / ecommerce team.
- Manage and develop the existing (and future) creative team. This includes the production of all text copy, photography and visual assets.
- Manage all third-party marketing providers.
- Manage all customer acquisition and retention strategies and any associated marketing alongside side such as SEO/PPC/Email Marketing etc.
- Manage the development of websites including development of website conversion rates.
- Oversee the day-to-day marketing spend and develop the spend against any long-term strategies in place.
- Work alongside the Commercial Director and Finance Director to devise a pricing strategy that allows the overall achievement of company objectives (revenue growth, stock turn and profit margin.)
- Analyse historical sales data to identify high/low performing products / categories.
- Work alongside the Finance Director, Commercial Director, and Sales Director to develop longer term pricing strategies to support all sales activities.
- Work alongside Purchasing to determine launch pricing, specific ‘into stock’ dates, stock decline pricing and discontinuation.
The ideal candidate:
- Solid online retail marketing experience at a senior level i.e Manager or Director. Happy to consider candidates stepping into their first Director level role.
- Experience managing Google advertising directly AND via a third-party agency.
- Experience managing the visual and design side of all creative assets.
- An inquisitive nature that questions why something happened and doesn’t just accept a given outcome.
- Very numerate and literate with the ability to review data, analyse it and draw conclusions.
- Excited by the prospect and the challenges of being involved in a rapidly scaling e-commerce business.
Please apply via website or contact Georgina at Harvey John for more information.
Harvey John recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.