Unit 2 Ferry Wharf
Hove Enterprise Centre
Basin Road North
Portslade, East Sussex
Assistant Financial Accountant
Assistant Financial Accountant (open to practice first-mover or industry background)
Eastbourne (hybrid working available)
Salary Negotiable + Study Support
An award-winning international client based in Eastbourne requires a technically competent and career focused Assistant Accountant to join them in a newly created role. My client is ideally looking an active ACCA / ACA / CIMA studier who is committed to completing their qualification. They’re flexible on whether this individual comes from a practice or industry background, such as ‘first movers’ who are looking to switch their training contract from practice to industry.
Reporting directly to a Big 4 trained Financial Reporting Manager, this individual will join an organisation that has an impressive and consistent history of growth, spanning over a century. Having had a significant market impact for some time now, the company are approaching a new and exciting phase of expansion, which will also see significant investments being made in developing their staff. The business is exploring new systems, processes, and market opportunities so it is an ideal time to join them from an exposure perspective!
This is a great prospect for someone looking to join an evolving business in a role that will offer genuine opportunities for career progression and promotion.
- Assisting with preparation of robust and timely financial information including analysis of company expenditure, cost centres etc.
- Some transactional processing duties
- Preparing, reviewing and processing journals (including month-end journals, cost allocations), calculate and justify relevant accruals and prepayments
- Review and processing of utility related invoices and analysis thereon of expenditure
- Verifying expense claims submitted through the company expenses system, other related administration tasks, and producing reporting on expenses with further analysis to provide insight
- Working with colleagues across the Finance function and wider business to complete elements of the monthly reporting process and routine daily/weekly management reports
- Involvement in preparing balance sheet reconciliations, reconciling bank balances and other financial controls to ensure robust and reliable financial information
- Involvement in year-end finalisation and Trial balance preparation
- Support in the preparation of statutory financial statements, assisting with the annual audit process and provision of information for external advisors
- Supporting the annual budgeting process and reforecasts
- Assisting with the completion and submission of applicable Office of National Statistics returns
- Providing information for tax purposes to facilitate filing of tax computations and VAT
- Assisting with compliance requirements for Finance, including statutory financial reporting, VAT, Corporation Tax, CIS
- Involvement in finance & reporting projects, particularly those impacting financial accounts reporting and finance operated systems.
- Maximising use of system functionality to drive efficient and continual improvement in ways of working across the Financial Accounts team
- Active studier: ACCA / CIMA / ACA
- Strong Excel skills – pivots, lookups etc
- Experience of BS recs and financial controls
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
Please apply via website or contact Georgina at Harvey John for more information.
Harvey John recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.