Unit 2 Ferry Wharf
Hove Enterprise Centre
Basin Road North
Portslade, East Sussex
Brighton, East Sussex
Salary negotiable plus study support available
Our client is a flourishing fashion apparel business in the heart of the city that is experiencing excellent year on year growth and driving the business towards their next phase of expansion. This dynamic and innovative business is seeking an Assistant Accountant to work closely with the Finance Director in managing the finance function effectively and providing meaningful reports and analysis to aid commercial business decisions.
This is a contemporary company with a friendly, highly collaborative office environment. The role would suit a committed Finance Assistant / Asst Acc who is looking for that next step in their career and willing to put in the work and show the dedication to get there. We’re looking for someone sharp, intelligent, and driven to deliver and improve themselves. Someone who will relish the opportunity to grow in seniority in-line with the organisation’s continued growth. There’s ample room for professional growth here!
- Taking ownership of bank and PL transactions on Xero
- Monitoring balance sheet control accounts
- Assisting with Audit preparation
- Weekly payment runs and bank transactions
- Ensure all purchasing is approved and coded correctly (including cost centres), payment terms are accurate and rebills are actioned internally
- Reconcile supplier and customer statements
- Credit and debit card reconciliations on Xero
- Ensure VAT coding is accurate PL & SL
- Support the FD with reporting, P&L, B/S, and other general administrative duties
- Work closely with the Order Book Manager to ensure smooth running income/expenditure/profitability analysis
- Issuing purchase orders, tracking purchasing activity and monitoring profitability scenarios
- Reconcile large data sets using intermediate/advance excel formulas
Please apply via website or contact Georgina at Harvey John for more information.
Harvey John recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.