Within this area, you will find all the information needed to fulfil your temporary or contract role through Harvey John.
Guidelines for temporary workers
As a temporary employee you are employed by Harvey John Ltd. You therefore need to inform us if you are unable to attend work for any reason, for example:
- if you are running late
- if you have holiday planned (any time period)
- if you have an interview for a permanent opportunity
- if you are feeling unwell
Code of conduct
Please ensure that you are aware of and adhere to the company policies and procedures within your temporary place of work especially health and safety, data protection and office conduct. If you are unsure about any aspect concerning your temporary assignment, then please contact your consultant on 01273 820808.
Timesheets and Payment
All temporary workers should receive two timesheets in their starter pack and then subsequently with every weekly payslip. However, if you have run out of timesheets then please print one from the downloads link above and contact your consultant for an original.
- Signed timesheets are to be faxed preferably on Friday afternoon to 01273 737127 but they need to be received by 8.30am Tuesday morning at the latest to avoid a delayed payment. Payroll is run on a Wednesday via Natwest BACS. White copy of the timesheet goes to the line manager, the yellow copy for your records and pink copy sent to your consultant at Harvey John.
- Timesheets must be signed by both you and your line manager with the appropriate fields completed.
- Please ensure that you submit your timesheet on a regular basis for invoicing purposes and to prevent your P45 being released in error.
- If you are unable to get your timesheet signed please contact your consultant at Harvey John so we are able to take the appropriate steps for authorisation.
- Holiday pay is accrued throughout your assignment and you will be paid for any holiday you may take during the assignment once you have accrued sufficient funds. Any holiday pay that is left at the end of the assignment will be included within your last payslip when your P45 is released. All accrued holiday pay must be taken before the 30 June if applicable.
Harvey John Opening Hours
Opening hours at Harvey John are from 8.30am until 6:00pm (except 7:00pm on Tuesday and 5:00pm on Fridayís) but we can be contacted out of hours in case of emergencies via the mobile phone number which can be found on the business card of your consultant. If you donít have one please contact your consultant and one will be sent to you.
If you have any questions with regards working on a temporary or contract basis through Harvey John, then please call us on 01273 820808.