Financial Controller, Brighton, East Sussex
THIS VACANCY IS CLOSED AND HAS BEEN SOURCED BY HARVEY JOHN RECRUITMENT.
Financial Controller, Brighton, East Sussex. Harvey John accountancy recruitment is working exclusively with a successful business with the recruitment of a Financial Controller.
Based in the cosmopolitan North Laine area of Brighton, the job holder will report to the MD assuming overall responsibility for the finance function. This is an integral role within the organisation working with senior management to continue the success and growth of the organisation.
This will be a hands-on role with support from a small finance team. A full job description is available to all shortlisted candidates with duties to include:
- Monitoring cash flow and preparing forecasts including weekly updates of balance sheet position and work in progress
- Preparation of quarterly management accounts
- Preparation for the annual audit and liaising with the auditors
- Provide assistance with budget preparations for projects and/or on a company-wide basis
- Ensuring appropriate procedures are in place for financial reconciliations for events-based projects to be accurately completed in a timely fashion
- Oversee the accurate creation of invoice schedules, including preparing invoice schedules for complex, multi-sponsored projects
- Dealing with foreign exchange brokers and instruments predominately USD
- Profitability analysis and monitoring of fee revenue including detailed staff costs and overheads budget forecasting
- Some Company Secretarial and Personnel matters in relation to employee contracts, company pension scheme, insurance and lease renewals
This is truly an excellent opportunity to work for a Brighton success story in a relaxed, informal but highly commercial environment. Applicants will be professionally qualified (ACA, ACCA and CIMA) with similar experience within a commercial SME.
Ref: DW3310, Harvey John accountancy recruitment. Permanent